We know everyone is eager for Rest Haven to re-open for visitation. We are working every day to ensure we are able to do so as quickly as possible. Using recommendations and guidelines from the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), we have developed a multi-step plan to slowly re-open that we feel best protects our residents, our staff, and our visitors. Detailed below is an overview of what we have done so far, what we plan to do in the future, and our official COVID-19 Re-Opening Plan Policy. Please remember that dates and timelines may change at any moment, subject to updates in DOH and CMS recommendations, new positive cases in our building, and infection rates in the York community at large. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 717-843-9866.
Prerequisites for Re-Opening
Rest Haven has met the criteria recommended by the PA DOH necessary to begin the re-opening process. You can view our official implementation plan here. The relevant parts are as follows:
- Rest Haven York completed initial baseline testing for COVID-19 on residents and staff members on June 22, 2020.
- Rest Haven York has the ability to complete lab testing and rapid testing.
- Universal testing for COVID-19 has been completed on residents and staff members since June 22, 2020, as mandated by the PA DOH and CMS. Mandatory staff testing is completed in accordance with current York County positivity rates.
- Staff members who refuse to be tested for COVID-19 are not able to work at Rest Haven York.
- Residents who refuse to be tested for COVID-19 are placed on surveillance for 14 days with increased monitoring of vital signs and potential symptoms.
- Rest Haven York has an adequate number of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and allocations from distributors of PPE have been established for ongoing supply needs.
- You can view Rest Haven York’s complete COVID-19 Re-Opening Plan policy here.